tongue like a diamond dagger
Tag Archives: Fountain
For those of you that don’t know I turn my tricks as an IT Specialist. What does that mean? Anything to do with building hardware/software, phone systems, people problems, meetings, tons of paper work, running, driving hundreds of miles and back within one day, and in general being loved by all by the mere fact that I’m there for them with their every desire technology wise. In short, I’m a lab slave.
And while my job is stressful, there are certain things I do love about my job. (Gasp, a positive post?).
- How putting a snowball in the water fountain is enough to destroy it and have a technician come in that can’t fix it.
- How the people across the hall always bring me cake and other such desserts for no reason whatsoever.
- How I have not one, not two, not three, but four monitors on my desk all connected to my laptop in a row.
- How my supervisor made a comment on me struggling to lift a printer. It’s part of the job description to be able to lift at least 50lbs with ease. This printer is 120lbs without paper.
- How there’s always that one person who looks like he’s high and plays Call of Duty with me; I swear that’s how he gets through work, weed and gaming.
- How if you walk into the server room you could die from the fumes created from heated plastic.
- How getting a bomb in a package is extremely likely considering I work right above the floor with IRS on it.
- How you get administrative leave whenever you get 1 inch of snow for 4 hours.
- How I can easily ignore any dumb requests I get from users by saying “we’re not authorized to do that.”
- How because of the nature of my job I can wear jeans and t-shirts to work almost every day (minus meeting days).
There’s plenty more that I like about my job, and plenty of things I don’t, but some of those things I can’t say – it’ll give away where I work and I can’t have my haters endangering my life and those of others. Just kidding!